Thursday, June 08, 2006

Roger and out

6,300 words and I'm still 12; perhaps two weeks have passed in the memoir. Good grief!

My immediate goal is to get to 10,000 words. I think I can do that by the end of the weekend.

***

The Omen was pretty decent, all things considered. A few good scares, though of the cheap, gotcha! variety. Still, it's a handsome film, and it holds your attention.

I prefer the original probably. Gregory Peck, man.

This version does, however, have the single best, most realistic fall I've ever seen in a movie. When Damien knocks his mother over the bannister, the camera falls Julia Stiles all the way down. Usually, the shot would cut away, as there would be no credible way to show the impact.

Well, in this the camera never cuts. The mom literally bounces. There were audible gasps from the audience. I was pleased.

***


Contract mailed.

No comments: