Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Motherfrak

Last night I watched the next to last episode of this season's Battlestar Galactica, and continuing, as Taylor put it, my "dance on the obsessive-compulsive boundary of geekdom," I'll refrain from, or attempt to, dropping anything like a spoiler. I do want to get a WTF out there. Wow. The show has never been afraid to turn everything on its head and holy crap, they're setting records here. I'm not even sure where to begin. Did someone die in "Maelstrom," as it appeared? Or...sort of not, depending on the ending of "Crossroads, part 2." And that implies some freaky stuff, to say nothing of that show's last shot. And what about the four characters hearing the melody of a strange song? One character's response did not break my heart; it pulverized it. Granted, some of this may be resolved or at least addressed in the season finale but it's not available for download yet.