Monday, May 22, 2006

Saluki

I love this story. During my Carbondale days, I saw some deer but I was never menaced by any, thankfully. Those years were plenty crazy enough, thank you very much.

***

The Da Vinci Code wasn't bad, though I was about eighteen steps ahead of it most of the time. And Alfred Molina really bugged me: he seemed to radiate a completely inauthentic vibe as the priest. I never believed him. I mostly thought about his little priest costume being ill-fitting.

But, that said, I liked it ok. A really crazy director probably could have made something incendiary with it, something potent, but Ron Howard, well, he's Ron Howard.

***

Feeling good. New poems soon. At least I hope so.

3 comments:

cK said...

Crickey! That deer story comes at a great time, as the Croc Hunter is in need of a new schtick. He's just troppo enough to do it.
-cK

Paul said...

I'd be down with a, um, Deer Hunter show set in Carbondale. Seems perfect.

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

And Alfred Molina really bugged me--

Me too!

And I hadn't realized that it was *that* actor, I had myself convinced it was that TV actor from Spin City and Mad About You. I just kept saying, "He doesn't look right."

No, he didn't work for me either.