Tuesday, March 14, 2006

32

I think it's funny that the first song that comes up in my iTunes shuffle is Otis Redding's "I've Got Dreams to Remember." Sample lyrics: I've got dreams to remember / Rough dreams / Bad dreams / Don't make me suffer. What a way to start one's birthday!

So I fired up "19" by the Old 97's as an antidote.

After that, I'm going for "17" by Winger. I'm so not even kidding.

Hmm. What else? "Thirteen" by Big Star would work. Any other songs of this ilk?

***

My 4 year old cousin Sally just emailed me a happy birthday note:

gjktot950tp-=55=-=t====krhjjru frjjgjjuuhdhuiuuttuuugwjjjruuruhhgghhheyyeryyuy mcnxgttttettrdfhgdgffffsdagdgdgdffgfsagfrwtqtwqytt,mkfj jfhjjjftyujhhfh734 ktgjiu8u88jjhjjdjsdksfjfdsbdbfdhdsfjfdnsdagrlkllliiihnnbvffft4 ui8iw9eriureur jjjuuhhhghhghhhhhgjrduyuujj899899oiiuewqwjkjkgkklkkkoiut455w qakjkooyuotookooooiijyooyotyooouoyooy[[[wegfgdgffffdfggghhy62uiiiuui iuiuiurtuuiuuiuutuuitututuutuutuururtuztyjkjiiityiityijjhyjhi yttiuyiuyityiiyiyiyiyticvnbrtuirtirtirtroitoiritriiotriotiotyiotyyiooityi otyhoioiyoiyityit68jfjjkgbnmvnvnvmmcmkkirtukfdfjfddjkdkkdjjkkjdkdkd dkdjjkjkgh5lkf;dkkcvxclkvklvvlkcvklcklcklcvkl cvu6itiurio0o=[]ohriutixkkoooo87oghohgoohhooohohopew tr4565866dioidfifkdfk kvfklcllcvcvkllkvc;l;kcv;lckvclkvklcvlkklvklcclklkclkcklkl.

sally

***

I think that says it all.

15 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday!! XO

Anne Haines said...

I don't think I can be half as eloquent as Sally, but happy happy birthday all the same. :)

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday!

Simmons B. Buntin said...

Happy birthday Paul. Another great number song you may know of is 74'-75' by The Connells. Good stuff.

Matthew Thorburn said...

Happy Birthday, Paul!

Josh Hanson said...

Do not forget Sweet Little Sixteen by Chuck B.

Or Eighteen and Life by Skid Row.

Okay, forget the Skid Row.

Happy Birthday.

Paul said...

I meant to go back and add "18 and Life."

Skid Row in the house!

Artichoke Heart said...

Happy Birthday, Paul!

Alison Stine said...

Happy Birthday! I shall write you a poem. Be forewarned: it shall suck (the poem, not your birthday, which will ROCK).

Big love,
your friend me

Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

Happy birthday, Paul!

Wishing you another exciting or uneventful year... your choice.

All the best to you.
Cheers!

Oliver de la Paz said...

Ah! Belated Happy Birthday, Paul!

Jeannine said...

Happy Birthday Paul :) 32 will be a good year, I'm predicting...

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Happy belated birthday, Paul.

Emily Lloyd said...

"18 and Life," ah me. And "Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks.

Happy belated birthday, Paul--I hope it was a good day.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday but no offence that poem was BBBOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG