Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Donald


Today is Nothing Goes Right Day:

  • The wrong rug is delivered
  • Your phone breaks
  • The cable company thinks they've hooked you up, though the guy never showed
  • Part of your chair breaks
***

It began yesterday. Classes start tomorrow. The university has yet to install a door opener on my office door. Apparently some scam contractor quoted them a price of 50,000 to 100,000 dollars. I can only imagine the budgetary heart attack. I had to burst out laughing: I just bought a door opener for my apartment. For 1000 dollars. The maintenance man, who stepped out of Deliverance blended with Sling Blade, installed it in about an hour. Without reading the instructions.

50,000 to 100,000 dollars work it was not.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You, too? I just found out that someone charged my debit card. In New Orleans. At a UHAUL!I haven't been to New Orleans.

Good luck tomorrow. Holler at me if I can do anything.

Talia Reed said...

My phone died, too. In fact I just returned from the store having bought a new one, but this one is better and doesn't interfere with the internet connection. As for the cable not working, count it as a blessing...now you have more time to read or write.

I just finished reading the Haydon's Ferry Review 20th Anniv. issue, in which I enjoyed your writing.