Wednesday, May 02, 2007

All the

More cool stuff: in the mail, yesterday, the fall catalog for the University of Nebraska Press and right up front a whole page for my book, all glossy and full color with a write-up and blurbs and an excerpt. Kind of neat, I must confess. Plus, tomorrow I'm getting the FedEx of the final page proofs to go over, comb for any stray typos, last minute changes, though presses aren't crazy about those, understandably. I don't have any in mind.

Very close now, very close.

***

Holy crap: I had no idea Dylan's "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll" was so immediate, that it referred to events in the same year it was written and recorded. Jesus, imagine Bob Dylan, at his height, taking aim at you. Zantzinger is lucky he wasn't vaporized on the spot.

No comments: