Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday

Laryngitis is a strange experience. I came home from Philadelphia feeling fine but within a few days began to grow hoarse and very nearly lose my voice. For a few days, I croaked or rasped. A friend called one night and could understand nothing I said. I was beginning to worry that it would linger. But, happily, I can speak again. Still a bit deeper than usual but I'm essentially fine.

***

I like traveling, even the awful, vexing parts which everyone rightly laments hold a kind of mis-adventurous appeal, but previously I was traveling maybe a couple times a year. The coming weeks will have me all over the map and that's to the good, but I'm thinking I'll grow tired of the airport and all its tense bustle.

I'm thinking I'll write several airport letter poems.

***

Read the new issue of Diagram: 6.6.

No comments: