Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Today

I ordered my copy of Matt Guenette's A Hush of Something Endless and you should too. Matt and I started our MFA's at SIU the same year, under the cruel tutelage of Rodney Jones. And look at what a handsome boy he's turned into. He didn't ask but were I to contribute a blurb to his collection it would be one word:

"Bitter."

Matt knows why.

***

Setting the way back machine one notch further back on the dial, go welcome Karri Paul to blogger. She's been blogging over in the gated community of MySpace and I loved everything she wrote so much I suggested she take it public. I'm glad she did. Nothing much there now besides a little introductory note but whatever follows will be gold.

Karri and I were in our undergrad poetry workshops. She's a great poet but also a great painter and is in Austin working on her MFA in painting.

So say hey.

No comments: