Thursday, March 16, 2006

Pepper

Last night PBS was playing a Johnny Cash concert from Montreux, Switzerland. I was writing, but I kept it on anyway. It was filmed around the time American Recordings came out, when Johnny was still pretty hale and hardy, a big man. You could sense a kind of joy in his newfound resurgence and his band was having a ball. Later, he did several solo numbers from the album: "Delia," "Tennessee Stud," "The Beast in Me." Then he brought out June for "Jackson."

***

My birthday was pretty nice. Nothing worthy of reporting. Thanks for all the well wishes.

***

Excited about heading up to Blacksburg. I haven't seen Eliot since AWP in Chicago, which is far too long. He thinks we should wear matching jumpsuits or headbands. I think I'm going to have to pass on that. Maybe if we go on tour.

How do these reading invites happen? I guess the same way this one did. Someone thinks to ask you.

***

I went for a walk with Richard Siken yesterday. His book, I mean.

No comments: