Wednesday, February 15, 2006

On my desk

  • Snazzy new issue of Passages North, featuring poems by rock stars like Bob Hicok, Matthew Thorburn, John Pursley, Ted Worozbyt, Matt Guenette, Hadara Bar-Nadav and many others. And two by me.
  • My cell phone, missing its number 4 and 7 keys.
  • The Death of Superman, an oddly ill-timed gift from a friend when I was in the hospital once.
  • The first season of Buffy.
  • Old, old, old poems I found while cleaning off a shelf.
  • Spring Tide by Suzanne Frischkorn.
  • Giant set of headphones.
  • The Best of Liberace (cassette tape)
  • Deck of cards
  • The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
  • Cadbury chocolate bar
  • Tomorrow's Sounds Today, Dwight Yoakam

What's on your desk?

5 comments:

Eduardo C. Corral said...

The Best of Liberace? On tape?

You HAVE to explain this.

Paul said...

I will explain nothing!

No, seriously, it was my great-grandmother's, who *loved* Liberace. She made my dad take her to see him in concert once years ago.

We've been going through some old belongings of hers, as well as my grandfather, recently, so there's odd random stuff flying around.

A. J. Patrick Liszkiewicz said...

In case you missed it, here's mine:

http://mojocrat.blogspot.com/2006/02/
whats-on-your-desk-right-now.html

Also, you made me want Cadbury chocolate. Very badly. Now. Agh.

Suzanne said...

So close and yet, so far. *sigh*

Beethoven Sonatas CD, Once Upon a Potty DVD, two Matchbox cars, (dune buggy and race car), pen, binder clips, dust. ;-)

Joshua Robbins said...

Paul, I'm so sorry to here about the new book, but I'm certain it will be for the best. I love the first book and have anxiously awaited the second, but I know the longer wait will make it all the better.

I've been a lurker on your site for a while now, waiting for a chance ot jump in. I've never been good at double-dutch. So here goes:

What's on my desk? Here's mine:

http://againstoblivion.blogspot.com/2006/02/on-my-desk.html