Thursday, February 10, 2005

New Issues, why hast thou forsaken me?

Back in November, I ordered a new box of my books from New Issues for a reading I was doing. That box never arrived. I only had about 3 copies of my book left and those sold. Now, the only copy of my book that I own is a sadly battered little thing that my mom ran over with her Volkswagen. That was a sad day, friends. Well, it's been 4 months since I ordered those books and still do they wander in darkness. I've been a little lax about it, sending New Issues an email once in a while, but I'm kinda tired of that now. I paid for the books! So I called and left a message yesterday but no word as of yet today. It's still early in Kalamazoo. I'll wait.

And for some reason they've delayed announcing the winner of the Green Rose Prize until March 15th, the day after my birthday. Hmm.

***

I need help! It's too much to do job applications, manuscript submissions, and oh yeah, teach and grade.

Pro bono secretarial work, anyone?


No comments: